The tomatoes are still ripe, and the weather still hot. The climate is reminiscent of those lazy days spent in Barcelona, near the waters, when the stomach was only capable of taking cold glasses of white wine or beer and bowls of iced gazpacho soup. Here’s Dish Our Town’s Recipe:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cube 2 medium/large tomatoes
- Cube 2 medium sized cucumbers
- large pepper (green, red, yellow or orange. Your preference)
- medium Vidalia Onion
- cloves of garlic
- Hollow out about a handful of sourdough bread
- Put everything in a blender (Vitamix recommended).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Blend to your liking. Longer for smooth, shorter for a chunkier consistency.
- Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve with croutons for topping (store bought or made with leftover bread).
- Add ice cubes if not chilled enough.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Spanish