The perfect humble meal or side dish, cabbage for New Year’s Day to bring all some good luck.
- 1 Medium sized Head of Cabbage
- 1 Medium sized White Onion
- 1 lb. of Bacon
- 1 tablespoon of White Sugar
- Olive Oil
- White Pepper Powder
- [url href=”undefined”][/url]
- Core and slice cabbage.
- Chop onion.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil to a medium-sized pot.
- When the oil is hot enough, add half of the bacon and cook until crisp (5-7 minutes).
- Add cabbage.
- Add onion.
- Add sugar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until cabbage for 5-10 minutes depending on how crisp you want the cabbage.
- Before serving sprinkle remaining bacon on top.[url href=”undefined”][/url]
- Category: Vegetables - side dish
- Cuisine: Polish