Table of Contents
- 1 What Information Do We Collect?
- 2 Cookies / IP Address tracking
- 3 With Whom Information is Shared
- 4 How Information May Be Used
- 5 Third-Party Use of Information
- 6 Opting Out
- 7 Third Party Advertising
What Information Do We Collect?
Dish Our Town collect as little information as possible from users looking to post comments and messages on our website. Typically we would collect a name (either formal or alias), personal website, and email address.
Automatically Collected Information
Dish Our Town automatically collects certain information about you and the device in which you access the website. For example, when you use the website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
Cookies / IP Address tracking
None of your information will be shared with third parties. Dish Our Town may use your email address in the future to contact you regarding the site, however, an opt-out will always be provided. Your name and website may be displayed on the site if you post a comment or a message. However, your email address and privacy will always be kept secure.
How Information May Be Used
Dish Our Town may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Information
Dish Our Town utilizes the following third-party services and each one has their own respective privacy policies to determine the use of your personal information:
This service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
This service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications (name is for “personalization” of communication). Please refer to Mailchimp for further information.
If Dish Our Town chooses to send out newsletter updates in the future and we have your email address on file, you may receive a copy of our newsletter. However, at the bottom of every newsletter will be an easy way to opt-out. The editors of our site hate SPAM as much as you and have no intention of filling up e-mail boxes with unwanted messages.
Third Party Advertising
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date and/or the subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit Network Advertising.