Adobo is a Filipino National Dish. This version uses chicken, and versus stewing, we use a hybrid that replicates braising. Easy and Delicious.
- 3 lbs of chicken parts
- 6 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup of Light Soy Sauce
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 bayleaves
- 1 tablespoon of Annatto Oil (optional)
- Dash salt and pepper on chicken parts.
- In a Dutch Oven or deep pan, add 1 cup of oil over high heat.
- When oil is hot enough, start par-frying chicken parts, skin down for 5 minutes, turn for another 2. Do not crowd pan.
- Pull parts and set them aside.
- Pour out oil, leaving enough to line the pot.
- Lower heat to medium, then add garlic.
- When garlic browns, add cup soy sauce, vinegar, bayleaves, and sugar.
- Add chicken parts back.
- Bing heat up to high and bring to a boil. When boiling, bring heat to low. Leave for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, take parts and place them skin side up on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 375.
- In the meantime, bring the heat back up to high and let sauce left in pot to render and thicken. About 2 minutes.
- Place chicken on a nice serving plate and pie over with rendered sauce.
- Serve with cooked vegetables and rice.
- Category: Braise
- Cuisine: Asian